Thursday, July 28, 2011

Seared Tuna Over Warm Cole Slaw

First planned off night in almost four weeks from baseball!  In addition to making stock, I also made dinner.  One of my favorites seared tuna and I used the napa cabbage, purple carrots and sweet onions to cook up a quick, warm slaw. 

Seared Tuna over Warm Cole Slaw
Tuna Steaks
Sesame Vinaigrette (see recipe in Seared Tuna over Arugula Salad post)
Peanut Oil
Napa Cabbage, shredded
Purple Carrots, sliced thin
Sweet Onions, sliced thin
1/2 Lemon, juiced

Marinate tuna in sesame vinaigrette for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.  Sear tuna in oil over high heat for 2 minutes per side.  Remove tuna to a plate and let rest.  Lower heat to medium and in same pan, add onions to saute for 2-3 minutes.  Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes before adding cabbage and a couple of tablespoons of sesame vinaigrette and the lemon juice.  Once cabbage has wilted remove from heat. 

I flaked the tuna with my fingers and place over the cole slaw.  You could slice it on the bias but I find the flaked tuna a little more casual and comforting.

SEARED TUNA WARM COLE SLAW

No comments:

Post a Comment