Friday, July 15, 2011

Seared Tuna Over an Arugula Salad

Arugula has been in quite a few bags this summer and I've often incorporated it with other lettuces into a salad. Today I wanted to make an arugula salad and something that complimented the peppery flavour.  In addition, I have two beautiful pieces of tuna so I thought I'd do an Asian flavoured salad dressing on the arugula with some seared, rare tuna on top.

I coated the tuna in wasabi paste and then sesame seeds and I barely cooked it on each side for 2 minutes max.  Then I let it rest and sliced is on the bias to place over the salad. I actually could have cooked them a little less.

With the arugula I knew I needed to added some sweet flavours and perhaps a little crunch so I went to my old stand by, shredded carrots and julienne red peppers.  Oh and some scallions for a little onion flavour.

For the dressing I did a simple sesame vinaigrette - a combination of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and salt & pepper. 

All in all and delightful summer lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment