Monday, July 18, 2011

Ginger Senposai with Orange Bell Pepper

Senposai is apparently is a new hybrid between cabbage and Komatsuna recently developed in Japan. Everything I read says you can eat it raw or simply saute it in some oil.  I had another pork tenderloin that I was going to grill up and was making herb & butter egg noodles to go along with it.  I have to admit the only time I ever buy egg noodles is when I make beef stroganoff and even that I don't make very often.  However I saw them at the grocery store and felt compelled to buy them.  I cooked them according to package directions until they were al dente. Then I tossed them with butter and fresh, chopped parsley.  Back to the senposai I wanted to be sure I incorporated some strong flavours.    Check out the recipe below.  It was a delicious dinner - tender pork, buttery noodles and some spicy greens!

Oh and I was getting tired of my same blue & white dishes in every photo so I pulled out my "party" white plates!


Ginger Senposai with Orange Bell Pepper
Olive Oil
Garlilc clove, minced
Ginger, 1 inch of ginger grated
Crushed Red Pepper, good size pinch
Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
Senposai, cut into bite sized pieces

Sesame Oil, 1 teaspoon
Salt, to taste

Pour oil into cold saute pan and add garlic, ginger and red pepper and then put pan over medium heat and let everything warm.  Just as oil starts to sizzle add bell pepper and saute for a 2 minutes.  Add the greens, sesame oil & salt and cook for a 2-3 minutes until wilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment