Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grilled Swordfish with Grilled Rosemary Potatoes and a Tossed Salad

Thanks to a lightening strike breaking a circuit at the field our game started at 5 pm tonight so I was home and making dinner before 8:30 pm.  I had a beautiful piece of swordfish that I simply put on the grill along with some lemons on the grill.  I am a little nuts for lemons and limes on the grill - it makes the juice flow even more and you get great citrus flavour.  In addition I decided to grill up the potatoes we got this week. In the interest of full disclosure I  LOVE potatoes - mashed, roasted, fried, grilled - any type of potato!  Anyway tonight I was pretty excited to try the potatoes and since I was firing up the grill I put them on there.  Here is the secret to grilling potatoes - you have to cook them first or otherwise you'll end up burning them trying to get them cooked through. Sometimes I have even just microwaved them but tonight I parboiled them first.  Then seasoned them with salt and fresh rosemary. Yummy!!!!  Accompanying the swordfish and potato I made a tossed salad with lots of ingredients from the CSA including the lettuce, scallions, radishes and cucumber.  From my garden I threw in a mixture of basil, mint and parsley.  For the record if you still haven't tried fresh mint in your tossed salad you are missing something.  It was the perfect dinner for a warm summer night!

Grilled Rosemary Potatoes
Potatoes
Olive Oil
Salt
Fresh Rosemary, minced

Put the potatoes in a pot of cold water with a handful of salt.  Bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes 3-5 minutes. You want the potatoes to be tender but not cooked all the way through. Drain the potatoes and dry them off.  Slice them into 1/2 inch slices. 

Brush potato slices with olive oil on each side and season with salt & rosemary.  Grill potatoes 3-5 minutes per side until fork tender. 


No comments:

Post a Comment