Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week Two!

I just picked up this week's vegetables and am SO excited. We got a big bunch of fresh cilantro!!!  I am trying to grow some of my own but have never had much luck because I've been told it doesn't get hot enough here but this bunch looks beautiful. I am a sucker for cilantro . . I am not one of those crazy people who think it tastes like dirty dish water.


Here is this week's lists:
Spinach
Young Garlic
Radish
Komatsuna
Cilantro
Kale
Chard
Panisse Lettuce
Scallions
Rhubarb

There will however be no cooking today - I have to leave work a little early to go into Boston to the Pop's so I won't be taking time away to work. There is also a chance I won't be able to cook tomorrow as I am going to my office in Connecticut and that is a long day with a 3 hour trip each way. Maybe I'll be in the mood when I get home but we'll have to wait and see.

A quick tip - I find storing the greens much like herbs in a plastic bag with a bit of paper toweling in the bag keeps them fresh longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment