Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moroccan Inspired Pork, White Bean & Yukina Savoy

The last remaining item I had from this week's haul was the Yukina Savoy and the bulb of the young garlic.  I wanted to use leftover pork from yesterday as well and I felt like incorporating some beans into today's dish.  I ended up finding an Moroccoan Red Quinoa and Yukina Savoy dish that I used as inspiration for my one-pot meal that I just whipped up for our mid-day meal.  Once again tasting the raw green and am so surprised by the flavour. As someone who really doesn't profess to like greens a lot I have enjoyed every single one I've cooked this week.  I am betting it's because they taste like they are suppose to and it's the preparation.  I am going to try and remember what I threw into the pot to come up with today's lunch and list it as a recipe below.  Tomorrow is my second pick up of the season and I'm excited to see what we get!

Moroccan Inspired Pork, White Bean & Yukina Savoy

Olive oil
Onion, chopped
Carrots, I used a handful of baby carrots cut into thirds
Fresh ginger, minced
Young garlic bulb, minced

Zest of one lemon
2 T cumin
1 T paprika
1 T crushed red pepper
salt

Juice of one lemon
Chicken Stock, 1/2 carton
White beans, I used one large can of Progresso - rinsed & drained well

leftover pork tenderloin cut into strips
1/2 c dried apricots, roughly chopped
1 bunch Yukina Savoy

cashews, chopped
fresh parsley, chopped

In large skillet heat olive oil, add onions & carrots and heat until onions are softened. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.  Add zest, cumin, paprika, red pepper and salt and cook until flavours are developed (1-2 mins). 

Add lemon juice, stock and beans and bring to a simmer and cook for 10 mins. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning if necessary.  Add pork and apricots and cook until pork is heated through. Add greens and cook until wilted - I didn't cook for very long as I wanted greens to keep some of their integrity.


Top with chopped cashews & parsley before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment