Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week Three!

Just got back from the farm and picked up this week's haul.  It includes:

Garlic Scapes
Radishes
Komatsuna
Kale - which I gave all to my mother
San Po Sai
Lettuce
Scallions
Escarole
Lavender
Pea Tenderils
Peas

I almost ate all the peas on the car ride home - nothing like fresh, crisp peas.  I have the lavender in a vase on my desk already and the smell is intoxicating. 

I'll be cooking lots of greens later today . .I'm ashamed to say some of them still leftover from last week but I will use them up for dinner later. 

And I finally released my blog to some family and friends yesterday and it was so great to hear back from all of you. Especially the growing number of people taking advantage of CSA's all over the country and your experiences. In fact one friend said she made a stir fry of swiss chard and boy choy over wild rice which will be my inspiration for tonight's dinner. 

Keep the comments coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment