Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Year Two - Here We Go Again!

Hello!

Welcome back to the summer of vegetables and my attempt to blog about the delicious finds I will get each week from my Bay End Farm CSA.  Today was the first pick up and I was eager to get there. Because of the mild winter here in the Northeast at one point there was a chance the CSA was going to start a little earlier. And then we had a really dry spring and that chance went away.  Of course today it is pouring cats & dogs and after a couple weeks full of rain that drought seems like a distant memory. My own plantings are flourishing from all this rain and the early warm weather as well.

Back to my haul for the week, this is what the first week's bag contained:

Surrey Arugula
Plum Purple Radishes
Joi Choi
Yukina Savoy
Lettuce
Broccoli Rabe
Rhubarb
Young Garlic
Chives

I'm really excited for the different greens and once again trying to find different ways to prepare them. Of course the young garlic just seems to call out "saute them with me."  I'm also interested in trying to get better at preparing the broccoli rabe.  The hard part will be deciding what to do first.  I will tackle that dilemma in a few hours.  For now it's back to work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment