Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tuna over Arugula Salad with Grilled Peaches

Well despite the torrential rain outside it certainly feels like summer at my house. I just had a truly summer meal. I had some ahi tuna so I decided to go right for the arugula and make a salad to serve the tuna over. I try to make my own salad dressings so I hunted for a ginger sesame recipe but I found an Asian Ginger one that looked really good. You can find it here.

For the salad I used the arugula, a few snips of the chives for that mild onion flavour, fennel bulb sliced real thing and one of the radishes thinly sliced. For the tuna I simply rubbed a little olive oil on both sides and seasoned it very well with salt & pepper. I grilled it over high heat for only a few minutes on each side - I like mine pretty rare in the middle so I don't cook it very much. I let it rest for a few minutes and then cut it on the bias and fanned it over the salad. I then drizzled the dressing over the top of both the salad & tuna.

When I was waiting for the tuna to cook I thought that perhaps the salad needed a little something sweet. I have some of the first peaches of the season on my counter so I cut one in half. I dipped it in the salad dressing for just a minute and then put it cut side down on the grill. It didn't cook for very long just to to get some char on it. i then cut it into quarters and put it on the side of the salad.

Such a yummy, fresh dinner! A great way to kick off the summer with a lovely, bright salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment