Monday, June 18, 2012

Stir-Fried Joi Choi with Mushrooms

Clam chowder and a stuffed quahog is a fabulous Cape Cod dinner at baseball game on a chilly evening but it doesn't quite meet all nutritional requirements. So when I arrived home it seemed like the perfect time to tackle the joi choi. I remember trying it last year and not loving it. So I searched for a recipe with lots of added flavour. I found one for boy choy that had ginger & garlic as well as some soy sauce to finish it off. And I also have some baby bella mushrooms in the fridge to add something else and some substance. I really liked the dish and am now a fan of joi choi! I expect this would work very well with any Asian green so give it a try even if you can't find joi choi.

Stir Fried Joi Choi with Mushrooms
1 T olive oil
1 bulb of young garlic, minced
1 T of minced, fresh ginger
1 c of baby bella mushrooms, cut in half
1 bunch of joi choi, diced into 1 inch pieces
2 T soy sauce (I use low sodium)
salt & pepper

Heat oil in saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic & ginger and heat for one minute being careful not to let garlic or ginger burn. Add mushroom and cut for 2 minutes. Add joi choi, mushrooms and soy sauce. Cook until greens wilt and stalks are tender. Season with salt & pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment