Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back from vacation . . to lots of tomatoes!

Well it's back to reality today and a bush loaded of fresh tomatoes.  Last night for dinner with no food in the house I just cut up some tomatoes and sprinkled with ribbons of fresh basil, salt & pepper and drizzle of olive oil.  Yummy!

For lunch today I made a tomato sandwich with fresh mozzarella and basil.  So simple and yet so delicious especially when half the ingredients come from your own garden.  I used two slices of an Tuscan Boule and drizzle each side with a little olive oil.   Then spread whole basil leaves on each slide and then loaded slices of fresh mozzarella over the basil.  Next is the slices of tomatoes which I then season with salt & pepper and little more olive oil.  Put the slices together and slice your sandwich down the middle. Today this was my lunch as you can see at my desk as I'm trying to catch up from being away.

 
"BMT" Sandwich




No comments:

Post a Comment