Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ratatouille as Pasta Sauce . . Who Knew?

I head to Chicago tomorrow for 5 days so the cupboards are a little bare. After several hours of packing I needed something comforting - I hate packing!  Pasta is always easy to whip up with some canned tomatoes to make a quick sauce. When I was looking in the fridge for some veggies I saw the rest ratatouille I had turned into dip.  Heck that has lots of veggies in it and great flavour.  I cooked up some pasta - a new type for me - trottole by Archer Farms that I got at Target.  And heated the ratatouille in a saute pan.  When the pasta was done I added it to the sauce and used some of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce a bit. Sprinkle with Parmesan and a quick, delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment